BT Better World campaign
In recent years BT has been working on a variety of activities designed to ensure young people most in need are heard and helped; develop young people’s communication skills and to help young people to campaign to create real social change. This was done through a combination of fundraising, producing resources to aid awareness, CSR efforts and providing awards. Despite all their work and the impact this was having on the ground, BT felt that it’s work in this area was still not being sufficiently recognised. Communications Management were engaged to advise on ways in which BT could enhance its reputation across the education sector.
During the life of this campaign Communications Management
- Increased awareness of the BT Better World campaign through communications guidance, media coaching and increased media coverage, targeted marketing, and a programme of conference speaking and networking.
- Increased participation in the campaign activities (from schools, young people, parents, education agencies and BT employees)
- Provided professional guidance on future market opportunities across the education sector
- Attracted schools and colleges to work towards the communication mark accreditation, supporting the launch of the mark with a proactive public relations and communications plan
- Provided ongoing ‘issues management’ and general reputation guidance.
- Increased internal engagement from BT staff, 3,000 staff volunteers at one time are working in local schools
- Schools were encouraged to share good practice and innovation
- Increased recognition and support for BT within UK education sector