Coventry University appointed Communications Management to support them to build their profile, and promote their reputation for research, differentiating them from others in the sector.
Communications Management has now worked with the university for over 11 years, being re-engaged on two occasions. During this time the work has involved:
- Direct promotion of the university’s research through national media coverage and other channels
- A programme of corporate fundraising activities, promoting the university’s interests and strengths through opinion articles and national media interviews with key academic staff and senior leaders.
- From 2014 onwards Communications Management worked on an intensive, sustained PR programme to support the aims of the Excellence with impact report to key audiences including policy makers, funders, employer bodies and other relevant research agencies.
During the time that Communications Management have supported the university they have:
- Experienced a 72-place rise to 15th in the Guardian rankings
- Won prestigious awards such as the Modern university of the year
- Increased research profile reflected in a 70% rise in research funding.