Active Learning Trust
The Active Learning Trust operates in Cambridgeshire and Suffolk and currently sponsors 17 schools across the region, two of which are secondary schools, the rest primary. Communications Management was asked to support them to grow their reputation in the eyes of key influencers including the DfE. Secondly to rebuild the reputation of the schools with their local communities.
Communications Management worked with the Trust to draw up a comprehensive communications strategy based around securing key media opportunities and building their reputation in local, specialist and national media.
- Media relations work with individual schools, targeting local press with regular ‘good news’ stories
- Managing issues arising from individual schools or the Trust as a whole, targeting national stories for local media
- Trust-wide media relations, placing best practice / thought leadership articles in sector press.
- The Trust has grown it’s reputation in the sector and has been approached for comment on national policy issues
- There has been consistent coverage for individual schools in the regional press, supporting the improvements that the schools have made. We obtained 74 pieces of coverage in the period between March and August 2016
- The Trust has grown from five to 19 schools during the time Communications Management has worked with them, reflecting it’s growth in influence.
“Communications Management is one of our key strategic partners. We brought Communications Management on board in 2013 when the Trust sponsored five schools and today we oversee 19. Communications Management provide strategic counsel and support the Trust with media relations at both regional and sector levels. Their work has been vital to us as we have built both our reputation as a Trust and the reputations of our schools.”Gary Peile